This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Biyog Pvt. Ltd. , a company registered in Bangladesh, with our registered office at Pallibidyut Quarter Road, Ashulia,Dhaka and company registration number is C-147897/2018 (“”Biyog”” “Biyog ”, “us”, “ our”, and “we”), collects, processes and uses information about you. We are the operator of this mobile application, and a provider of a range of services thereto. We provide a platform where we may list offers for local services, goods and travel which are made available by us or other sellers (collectively: “Sellers”). This Privacy Statement applies to information we collect through our website, mobile application, electronic communications or services or other mobile applications we offer and that link to or specifically reference the applicability of this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Mobile application”).
We will routinely update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices and to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new services, functionality or features to the mobile application. If we make any material changes we will notify you, either by email (sent to the email address specified in your account), by means of notice on the Mobile application or otherwise. You can determine when this version of the Privacy Statement was adopted by referring to the “Effective Date” above.
1. Situations in which We Collect Information
We may collect and retain the following information from and about you if you interact with us through the Mobile application:
- your email address and Mobile application PIN;
- your gender, mobile service provider and preferences
- your phone number;
- your location, browser type and operating system, mobile application browsing patterns and purchase history;
- other information you actively submit to us or we can determine about you based on your interactions with our Mobile application and services.
You may interact with us, for example, if you:
- register, subscribe, authorize the transfer of, or create an account with us;
- open or respond to emails;
- provide information to enroll or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with other Sellers, merchants, co-marketers, distributors, resellers and other business partners, with your consent or as necessary to provide services you have requested;
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- purchase products or services on or through the Mobile application;
- interact or connect with or link to the Mobile application via integrated social networking tools; and
- post comments to the Mobile application.
2. Your Choices
You can manage the types of personal data you provide to us and can limit how we communicate with you.
You can manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in any commercial emails that we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe from, others. You may update your subscription preferences at any time. Please note that even if you decide not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe, from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we will still send you confirmations when you make purchases on the Mobile application.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Please refer to our Cookies Policy for more information. You may also manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share information on and about your devices with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider and the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
3. How We Use Information
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Mobile application;
- Provide you with personalized direct marketing initiatives via email, direct marketing offers or in-app recommendations;
- Facilitate and process orders – for example, for vouchers and other goods and services;
- Determine your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- To establish and analyze individual and group profiles and customer behavior
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about us, the Sellers and our business partners;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of business partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements:
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you, determine your interests and provide you with more relevant and compelling services.
4. When and Why We Disclose Information
We are not in the business of selling or renting personal data. We will not share your personal data, except as follows:
- with the Sellers, so they have a record of their customers, or if they need to deliver to you;
- to report or collect on debts owed to Sellers, merchants or other business partners;
- as necessary to perform contractual obligations towards you with business partners to the extent you have purchased or redeemed a Biyog voucher, goods or services offered by a business partner or participated in an offer, rewards, contest or other activity or program sponsored or offered through us or the Sellers on behalf of a business partner;
- in case of a merger, acquisition or reorganization with a purchaser of our company or all or substantially all of our assets;
- to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, business partners and users, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Biyog;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts, or
- with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
5. How We Collect Information
You provide us with personal data when you register, subscribe, create an account, make a purchase or redeem vouchers or otherwise contact us or communicate with us actively. For example, you provide personal data to us when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to online communities.
We also receive personal data and other online and offline information from our business partners who may report to us redemption, collection, or refund-return events. We will use such information in accordance with applicable laws and this Privacy Statement.
6. Security of Personal Data
We have implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal data, including industry-standard encryption technology.
7. Your Rights in relation to Personal Data; Contact Us
You can access, update, rectify, and delete your information you provided to us in your profile by logging into your account or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keeping your personal data current helps ensure that we can respect your preferences and offer you the goods and services that are most relevant to you.
In accordance with applicable law, you may (i) request access to any other personal data we hold about you and request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked, (ii) request that we refrain from further use of any personal data we hold about you, and (iii) object to our creation of user profiles about you. If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, if you want to make use of any of the above rights, or other rights that you may have in relation to your personal data if you wish to close your Biyog account or if you have other questions or requests, please contact us at email@example.com.
While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Mobile application for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
8. Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Social Features
The Mobile application may contain connections to areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, review products and merchants, and otherwise submit your own original content. All the information you post may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any information you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a public restaurant review, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
10. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the collection, processing and use (including disclosure) of information by us through your interaction with the Mobile application. Our business partners may also have their own privacy statements. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or promotion.
Purpose of the app
The purpose of the app is to enable users of the app to access product or service offers or other information from third party merchants (Merchant Offers). Merchant Offers are negotiated between Biyog and the merchants, and their offers are presented to the paying users of the Biyog mobile app.
Who can use the app
The app is available for use by anybody in Bangladesh aged 13 or over. If you are under 13, you must not use this app. If you are not in Bangladesh, you can use it, but probably won’t get much out of doing so – as all of the Merchant Offers are specific to particular parts of Bangladesh.
Merchants responsible for the Merchant Offers
Information about Merchant Offers is not a recommendation or statement of opinion by Biyog in relation to a particular product, service or third party provider and is not intended to be investment, financial product, legal, taxation or other advice by Biyog.
Biyog may receive fees and/or commissions from third parties for Merchant Offers Content. You acknowledge and consent to Biyog receiving those fees.
Biyog may collect, store, use and disclose to other persons information about you, your interests, and the location of your device in accordance with Biyog’s Privacy Statement listed above.
Location information required
In order to provide you with offers that are relevant to where you are, the app requires that you provide it with information about the location of your device. At present, it does so using the GPS location functionality in your device.
If you do not agree to the app accessing that location information, or turn off the GPS functionality in your device, the app may not be able to provide you with offers which are applicable to your location, or may present you with offers which are not available at your location.
App and Merchant Offer performance tracking
The app uses mobile app performance tracking functionality to a monitor the performance of the app and Merchant Offers in the app, and to identify any potential performance issues with the app or those Merchant Offers.
Downloading and using the app may incur data and registration charges
As the app is not unmetered, you may incur data charges when you download or use the app from your handset. Whether or not you incur data charges will depend upon your mobile service plan.
App provided “as is”
This app is provided “as is”. While Biyog will use reasonable care in providing the app to you, Biyog can’t guarantee that the app will always be free from faults. Biyog doesn’t make any warranties about this app or your use of it. To the extent permitted by law, Biyog exclude all liability arising from or in connection with this app.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Bangladesh.
Biyog Pvt. Ltd | RJSC# C-147897/2018 | Trade License# 004191